This past weekend the Canadian government announced that they would extend the border closures for another 30 days. That would bring us to around the 21st of May. With our opening dates for fishing season starting on the 16th of May, we will for the first time in 71 years, not have anyone in camp on opening week of the season. This is the reality of our world right now, but I would rather err on the side of caution, then to have another outbreak if restrictions are lifted
Ontario appears to have peaked in it's number of cases, and fresh modeling shows that Canada could be through the worst of the pandemic by the end of the month. This is all hopeful news, and all the provinces are staying the course with restrictions and social distancing to make sure were are past the worst of it.
So again we are in a "wait and see" situation as to when restrictions may be lifted in Ontario and at the Canada / US border.
As for guests who have reservations in May and early June. We will be ready to accommodate you as soon as the border opens. If the deadline is extended past your dates, we do have some open dates later in the year that we could look at if you wanted to come up later in the season. Feel free to check the online availability on the website to check possible future dates.
As for things going on around here, well COLD is the word. We just can't seem to warm up. The ice has started to shift a bit, so we did put the ice eaters in around the dock to start to open it up. Some warm weather sure would help.
On a sad note, please keep all the families in your prayers of the horrible tragic shooting in Nova Scotia this past weekend. We are all heart broken as a country watching this unfold.
Stay safe and healthy.