Follow up to today’s announcement of the border re-opening on August 9th.
Here is what it may look like for our guests crossing from the U.S. into Canada.
Remember firstly you must still be eligible to enter Canada (ie. no felony convictions, DUI’s less than 10 years etc.) These will still be enforced at the border.
Next the newly announced entrance requirements.
1. All guests 12 and over must have proof of being fully vaccinated and be at least 14 days since their final shot.
2. Travellers will have to submit proof of a negative Covid test taken at least 72 hours prior to their arrival at the border crossing.
3. Travellers will have to use the Government of Canada’s ArriveCAN app to document the above requirements prior to arrival at the border (ArriveCAN app is a smartphone app, or can be accessed on a laptop/desktop computer)
4. Children under 12 do not need to be vaccinated as long as they travel with a fully vaccinated adult.
5. You may be required to submit to a Covid test at the border. These tests are given to random travellers to gage the effectiveness of the program and detect any new variants entering Canada.
6. Travellers will be required to provide a quarantine plan, should someone in your group show Covid symptoms or test positive once here. This will not be a difficult step as we will provide you with a quarantine plan to show border officials outlining how that person will be accommodated in a separate quarantine location at Stanley’s.
Once you enter Canada, all travellers will have to adhere to local health regulations requiring masking and social distancing. Currently in Ontario you are required to wear masks in any indoor public spaces / stores / gas stations / restaurants etc. This will probably be in place till late fall, so you will have to plan on masking up.
As for once you are at Stanley’s, we have made many changes to safeguard all of our guests, as well as limit any indoor public spaces down to minimum.
1. We will start with contactless check-in or check-in with just one group member. We can send out all the registration information ahead of time as well as boaters safety checklists.
2. We will encourage our guests to get their fishing licenses online ahead of time. For the packages that have your conservation license included, we will credit you the license value off the package price.
3. Our cleaning staff will not enter your cabin once you are moved in. We will have a bin available on the porch for used towels, and our housekeeper will refresh them with clean once while you are out. Any trash can be set outside for us to remove as well.
4. We have moved our Ice machine and portage board to an outside location, as well as the access to the bathroom located in the boathouse in now through an outside entrance.
5. Bait can be delivered right to your boat.
6. Unfortunately for this abbreviated 2021 season we will have to cancel the fish frys due to health regulations prohibiting buffet style serving.
We will elaborate on the check-in process with links and downloads in a future post
We understand that many of our guests have had to make alternate plans this year as a result of the lack of a firm opening date at that border. With that being said, we do have some dates that have opened up in August after the border opens. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us or you can just book it online to secure the spot, and we can work out the details later. You will need to enter a credit card, but it will not get charged.
We cannot express how much we have appreciated all the support we have gotten from you, our guests during this difficult time. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone cannot wait till the first U.S. visitor comes into camp since 2019!
Thanks – Rob & Chantal and the staff of Stanley’s Resort